Walking football, the rapidly growing sport for the over 50’s.

Forums General Walking football, the rapidly growing sport for the over 50’s.

Keymaster
    GB
    I have been hearing a lot about this sport and I am rapidly approaching the big 50. Although I am still fit, healthy and injury free I know it will not last forever and I want a sport that is still physically challenging without doing to much damage.

Can anyone tell me more about the sport, how it works, how to join, the benefits etc.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Barry Gray.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Replies
      Dutchy Mulholland

Hiya,

I live in Horrabridge and we have a ‘walking football’ group aged 47 (academy) to 81 years old.
      We do have players set in to 2 tier really.
      1. Younger players who are in the academy and play in the County FA Walking Football League.
      2. The older Players who are happy to be still active.
      For the older player who may not of played any sport since they were 35 It’s a good way to get back active.
      For the younger players The Walking tag can be held as a stigma, but in the league games and the training sessions the non contact element can be pushed a little.
      they are set rules for the game such as head height, tackling, walking etc.
      The walking comparison in the league games is not a stroll more speed walk racing.
      A lot of County FA’s are pushing this form of the game and a lot of football league clubs have teams as well as local grassroots teams.
      it’s a good crack with the lads which people who are missing the banter is helping people’s MH.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Walking football, the rapidly growing sport for the over 50’s.
Your information: